City of El Monte - NEW Business License Application
What you need to know to get started.
1. If the business is located in the City of El Monte you must file a Business Occupancy Permit application
with the Planning Department (626-258-8626) or your application will not be accepted.
2. Business licenses are renewed on a calendar year basis.
3. Business start date is the first date your business started in the City of El Monte.
4. Employee identification # is REQUIRED. Sole owner or partnerships are required to provide social
security numbers for all owners/partners. LLC, Limited Partnership, Trust or Corporations are required to
provide a FEIN or SEIN for the business.
5. Payment will not be required until your application has been accepted, upon approval of your
application an email will be sent with payment information and instructions on how to make payments
We wish you much success in your business venture.
Assembly Bill 3002 went into effect on January 1, 2019, which provides information regarding disability access
requirements and resources to business owners. To read the full notice in English, click HERE.
To view in other languages click HERE.